ADVANCED TRAINING & LEARNING TECHNOLOGY, LLC
Welcome to the web site and online services (the “Website“) operated by Advanced Training & Learning Technology, LLC (“AT<”). AT< values the privacy of our members and others who visit and use the Website (individually, “You” or collectively, “Users“). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about individuals both online and off-line.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
AT< has certain features designed to protect the personally identifiable information of children less than 13 years of age. AT< does not knowingly permit any person less than 13 years of age to register directly for the Service unless AT< reasonably believes the child’s parent or legal guardian has consented to such registration and use of the Service. If AT< learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Service without parental or legal guardian consent, then AT< will take the appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with the Service without your consent, then you should alert AT< at email@example.com request that AT< delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
A child under the age of 13 may not use or register an account without consent and approval from a parent or legal guardian. Notwithstanding, a child may use the Service if registered through certain educational organizations that have entered into a relationship directly with AT< and through which educational organization the parent or legal guardian of such child has consented to use of the Service. During the initial registration process, we collect a possible member’s email address and birth date. If the potential member enters a birth date that indicates they are under the age of 13, the person trying to register the account will be notified that they are under age and not be allowed to create an account without parental consent; in this case, the registration process will be terminated. AT< does not store a child’s email address or birth date if we do not have parental consent for such child’s registration for the Service. A parent may additionally revoke a child’s permission to use the Service at any time by contacting AT< at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AT< may choose, but is not obligated, to make any inquiries, either directly or through third parties, that AT< deems necessary to validate your registration information, including without limitation engaging third parties to provide verification services. AT< reserves all rights to initiate legal actions against anyone who misrepresents personal information or is otherwise untruthful about their identity. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AT< cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information submitted by any User and AT< is not obligated to verify the identity of any User, including any User’s claim to be a parent or legal guardian.
The Information AT< Collects
- User-provided Information: When you register for, browse and use the Service, you may provide to AT< what is generally called “personally identifiable information” (such as your full name, email address, postal mailing address, and/or home/mobile telephone number). From time to time, AT< may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving AT< permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with AT< you are not anonymous to us.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features that AT< may make available on the Website, such as the number of problems (in the AT< Software Product) you have attempted, the number of videos you have viewed, and the amount of time spent to complete a problem (in the Software Product).
The Way AT< Uses Information
- AT< uses the information that you provide or that we collect in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. AT< generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Website. If you have given AT< consent, we may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about AT<’s features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- AT< uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website and Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
When AT< Discloses Information
- Required by Law: AT< may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- Merger or Acquisition: In the event that AT< is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- Other Purposes: AT< also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect AT< from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AT<, our Users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with AT< in which case AT< will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Website.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment to Data Security
AT< uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to AT<, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, AT< makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If AT< learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. AT< may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The Website is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to that transfer and to the within policies.