Pi and the Lost Function comprises a comprehensive Pre-Algebra curriculum that can be used either as a tutoring tool (independent of classroom instruction) or as a classroom supplement.
The game’s story will keep you entertained while providing a rich environment in which to explore math concepts. The in-game virtual math tutor monitors progress and teaches concepts when you need it most.
Topic Areas Covered
- Whole Numbers
- Fractions & Decimals
- Exponents & Roots
- Rates, Ratios, & Proportions
- Probability & Statistics
The town’s only hope lies in the hands of Pi, the student’s character, who is drawn into quests to help the people re-learn their math skills. Pi quickly learns that the annual Corn Festival is a major contributor to Greenville’s prosperity.
If forgetting how to do math isn't catastrophe enough, this year's festival preparations begin to suffer a series of calamities and strange occurrences. By solving real-world mathematical dilemmas, Pi must save the festival, find the culprits, and be the hero.
- Over 5,000 unique math problems
- A virtual math tablet, accessible at any time during the game, that contains tutoring aids including digitized text, instructional videos, and practice problems
- In-game assessments that challenge students and monitor their performance
- Immediate feedback concerning errors in challenges and practice problems
- A web-based reporting tool that provides detailed performance statistics
- Story and game dialog developed by renowned screen and video game writer, author, and professor, Lee Sheldon; game writer and designer, Phoebe Harris Elefante; and Emmy and Telly Award winning producer and writer, Graham Sheldon.
- Non-math related mini-games that keep the game fun and engaging, provide a ‘math brain break,’ and maintain students’ motivation to continue progressing through the curriculum
|PC System Requirements:||Mac System Requirements:|